• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How best to settle old Amex judgment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tomzoom

Florida. Amex has a judgment against me for some 51K that is almost 8 years old. It is off my credit file already and I am pretty much collection-proof, but I would like to settle it for around 10% instead of declaring bankruptcy. I called Amex's closed files legal dept. and a lady told me that it is their policy to settle for 80% and no less. I have heard that they do settle for much less and would like to know the best way to settle this for the least amount of money.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? :confused:

FlyingRon

You might try over on creditboards.com. This really isn't a legal issue and their forums are more along the lines of dealing with creditors financially.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">