• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get a Collection Agency to send me a Fraud Kit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arch0041

In 2001 in Minnesota someone opened an account in my name with T-Mobile and charged around $2000 worth of debt. I have never been contacted by anyone regarding this debt but it recently came to my attention when refinancing my mortgage. I contacted T-Mobile but they had sold the debt to a Collector and said I needed to get a Fraud Packet from them to remove it from my credit history. I have sent a written request to this collector for a Fraud Packet and I have called them numerous times. They keep telling me that they will send the Fraud Kit but after 10 months I still have not received it.

What can I do to get them to send the Fraud Kit? Are they doing anything illegal by lying to me? Since they are adversly affecting my credit and have no incentive to help me what can I do?

Mr.Knight

since it was from 2001. where did the bills go? what was the mailing add?? did you live at that add in 2001??? if so then who in your household would have opened the cp in your name??? and who would have had access to the mail to intercept the bills?? these are all things that need to be looked in to.. 90% of all fraud that happens is done by a family member that has access to private information of yours... check that out first. find out if there was payments made on the account. if someone commited fraud opened up the cp and ran up the bill and never paid it. then that is probably fraud. if it was being paid on then it probably was someone in the family...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">