• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Do I Vacate A Stipulation settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

potter3710

I live in the state of NJ and hastily signed an agreement with the pariahs at Pressler & Pressler. I was unemployed and informed them that I might not be able to complete the agreement however once I return to work I was willing to finish the payment. Well I didn't read the document that I signed carefully enough (I know stupid, I don't need anyone to tell me) and now pressler doesnt want to keep that agreement, they are seeking the full amount. How do I vacate the agreement and get these scum off my back. please help, I just want to get over this nightmare and begin to repair my credit.

Antigone*

I live in the state of NJ and hastily signed an agreement with the pariahs at Pressler & Pressler. I was unemployed and informed them that I might not be able to complete the agreement however once I return to work I was willing to finish the payment. Well I didn't read the document that I signed carefully enough (I know stupid, I don't need anyone to tell me) and now pressler doesnt want to keep that agreement, they are seeking the full amount. How do I vacate the agreement and get these scum off my back. please help, I just want to get over this nightmare and begin to repair my credit.
Pay what you owe and the nightmare will cease. If you signed the stipluated judgment, then you cannot blame the "pariahs" for your inability to read.

Hot Topic

You got exactly what you deserved.

sandyclaus

No one forced you to sign the stipulation agreement.

I'm sure that it was explained to you that regardless of any change in circumstances, you would be held to the terms of the agreement. If you had ANY hesitation or thoughts that you couldn't fulfill the obligations under the agreement, you should NEVER have signed. How did you plan to make the payments if you remained unemployed longer than you expected? Or did you just think that the signed stipulation agreement wouldn't count?

Real mature, trying to blame the other party for holding you to a legally binding agreement you signed. They are under NO obligation to renegotiate the terms just because you failed to plan your finances accordingly. And it is NOT their fault that they are enforcing the agreement as executed.

Don't want to pay what you owe? No problem. Then suffer the consequences as laid out in the agreement, or file for bankruptcy. Of course, that will do nothing to get your credit back on track anytime soon.

sandyclaus

With a stipulated rescission of the agreement, signed by both parties.
Sure, in a perfect world.

But the creditor is not required or obligated to accept a rescission of the agreement. The agreement is enforceable as it is, and it appears that the creditor isn't willing to renegotiate or rescind, and is holding OP to their obligation as stated in the original stipulated agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">