• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how frequently can a law firm place a legal hold on bank accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dfrance

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

I recently had a judgment entered against me for cc debt. The law firm just placed a legal hold on my bank accounts. I was told by the bank that the hold was only in effect for the day and time of the order. My question is how frequently can a law firm put an order in for a legal hold on my accounts?

Many thanks in advance!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

I recently had a judgment entered against me for cc debt. The law firm just placed a legal hold on my bank accounts. I was told by the bank that the hold was only in effect for the day and time of the order. My question is how frequently can a law firm put an order in for a legal hold on my accounts?

Many thanks in advance!
Until they get their money...

Antigone*

Every time they file a writ ~ you get to pay for it. Every time they levy your account ~ you get to pay for it. These fees (court costs & bank fees) get paid even before your judgment does. How much this will cost you in the end is up to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">