• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get Judgements removed from credit report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bellagiosampler

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
I have some judgements that were awarded against me. There are several problems I have with them, one of them has two different amounts stated that I owe. I was never served any paperwork stating that I was being sued. And I filed bankruptcy prior to any of these judements being awarded. How do I go about getting them removed?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
I have some judgements that were awarded against me. There are several problems I have with them, one of them has two different amounts stated that I owe. I was never served any paperwork stating that I was being sued. And I filed bankruptcy prior to any of these judements being awarded. How do I go about getting them removed?
Get an attorney.

FlyingRon

Unless you can get a court to vacate them (that WILL take a lawyer) the only way to get them off your credit is to get the person who the judgement is in favor of to ask for them to be removed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">