• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does a satisfied Civil Judgment as Public Record on Credit Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tomada

What is the name of your state? NJ

In May, 2006 a civil judgment was filed against me, in which the creditor was Capital One Bank. As a result of this judgment, my employer was ordered to deduct a certain % of my paycheck - which was to be sent to the court - until the judgment amount was paid in full. A few months ago, this amount was finally paid in full, and no more deductions are being taken from my paycheck for this purpose.

I looked at a credit report today, and I see that this civil judgment is listed as a Public Record.

Question: How long should I expect this to remain on my credit report, now that the judgment has been fully satisfied? Is there anything I can do to alter this timeline?

Thank you,
Daniel

BL

What is the name of your state? NJ

In May, 2006 a civil judgment was filed against me, in which the creditor was Capital One Bank. As a result of this judgment, my employer was ordered to deduct a certain % of my paycheck - which was to be sent to the court - until the judgment amount was paid in full. A few months ago, this amount was finally paid in full, and no more deductions are being taken from my paycheck for this purpose.

I looked at a credit report today, and I see that this civil judgment is listed as a Public Record.

Question: How long should I expect this to remain on my credit report, now that the judgment has been fully satisfied? Is there anything I can do to alter this timeline?

Thank you,

Daniel

What is the experation date on the report ?

Has it been marked as satisfied ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">