• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to remove Tax Lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rwer78

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I purchased a vehicle in January of 2015 for $3000. (2008 Honda Civic Hybrid) The vehicle had been lightly damaged in the rear and the IMA battery was toast. (How I got such a good ideal.) I went to a notary with the seller paid the seller cash in front of the notary. The notary notarized the title I went and paid my $210 in sales tax at my title bureau.

I recently saw a Tax Lien on my credit report. No information given beyond it was filed with my local jurisdiction and the amount of lien. With about an hour on the phone I found the collection agency and why it was filed. I was audited for the sale amount of the car apparently.

So I called the collection agency, they told me to pay it and figure it out after, I declined and continued my search. So..... I called the attorney general office trying to find how to resolve the issue. The only advice they could tell me was I needed to get a bill of sale from the seller. Some kind of referendum/questionnaire for the seller to fill out. The seller is not reachable by me. (I still have their phone number and name but I have tried calling them no answer)

I am running out of options so I am seeking advice.

Thanks! (Hope this is correct section)

rwer78

Never received a notice or I would have either paid it or fought it before it was put on my credit report.

Thanks

Dave1952

Ok, it's a tax lien. Sounds as if someone hasn't paid some taxes. You mention a really good deal when buying this car. Perhaps the tax folks find this to be suspicious. You'll probably need a lawyer to make this lien go away. Will the seller act as a witness? Do you have receipts for the battery and body work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">