• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How should/will this show up if at all on my credit report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeepgirl1975

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I just settle a lawsuit. It didn't even go to court. I was served papers on saturday and this morning I called and talked to them they said if I pay in full including costs and fees they suit would be dropped. I will be paying them in full but not until I get something in writtng from them agreeing to that and they are aware of it to. I told them as soon as I get that I will pay immediately.

I asked how it would be reflected on my credit report. They said they would show it has paid. Well there is nothing ON my credit report other than a hard inquiry dated 12/29/08 on transunion.

They claim to have reported to all 3 bureaus in November. I have copies of my report to show that it is not there.

So I am guessing it will probably show up now. If so how will it show? It won't show up as a judgement will it??

seniorjudge

Double post warning

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I just settle a lawsuit. It didn't even go to court. I was served papers on saturday and this morning I called and talked to them they said if I pay in full including costs and fees they suit would be dropped. I will be paying them in full but not until I get something in writtng from them agreeing to that and they are aware of it to. I told them as soon as I get that I will pay immediately.

I asked how it would be reflected on my credit report. They said they would show it has paid. Well there is nothing ON my credit report other than a hard inquiry dated 12/29/08 on transunion.

They claim to have reported to all 3 bureaus in November. I have copies of my report to show that it is not there.

So I am guessing it will probably show up now. If so how will it show? It won't show up as a judgement will it??
https://forum.freeadvice.com/debt-collections-84/i-sent-them-settlement-offer-they-responded-serving-me-court-papers-451112.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">