• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to unfreeze the checking account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mati777

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?ny
hello my account was froozen a few days ago because i owed discover card 8000 dollars. They also fooze my joint account with my wife. I have contacted a debt solutions company and will be going through them to pay it off. My question is how do i unfreeze my account. also from the joint account the place in -7000 (they over withdrew). any suggestions??

cmorris

It will likely stay "frozen" until the debt is paid. They have a court order, from a judgment, to do so. Any money you deposit into the account is theirs. Now, if there are any exempt funds (i.e., social security) you can go to court to "unfreeze" those funds.

As a side note, stay away from debt solution companies. They are usually scams. IF you don't believe me, check out the FTC's website.

cmorris

I don't believe what ANY of those companies state. For the most part, anything those companies can do, you can do...cheaper. Those companies, non-profit or not, usually wind up screwing over consumers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">