• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a freeze on my bank account and it is driving me crazy!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

annajosie

Queen Coco Brow,

You might want to call your Clerk of Court office or make a trip down there and find out if you were served papers or not. They keep those records and it might clear up your doubts about the summons.

Debt Guy, one thing you said that I absolutely agree with is "Stop Direct Deposit". Do not deposit any more money in your account, queen coco brow. They will just keep freezing it.

I agree with the fact that once you have a judgement against you, your options have decreased significantly. You can file BK -- why not talk to a BK attorney - they usually give you a free consulation for an hour or so. At least you could get an idea of how to proceed.

Good luck to you.

Queen Coco Brow

Well, that is the first thing I did. I made sure that when I found out about the freeze, I called my payroll immediately! I just really need the freeze off. Is their anyway that I can make an agreement with the courts since they do not want to comply with the agreement I made with them? Even though I understand why they are doing this, I am really eager to get this over with!

TigerD

Well, that is the first thing I did. I made sure that when I found out about the freeze, I called my payroll immediately! I just really need the freeze off. Is their anyway that I can make an agreement with the courts since they do not want to comply with the agreement I made with them? Even though I understand why they are doing this, I am really eager to get this over with!
Point of information. The OP states that the CA is not complying with a payment agreement. However, the OP states in her first posting that she made an offer that was rejected. Was there a written payment agreement or not?

DC

Queen Coco Brow

Okay. I say that you guys take every word literally. However, I understand. When I say that they didn't comply, to me, that means that they didn't agree with me making payments monthly only. They wanted to take all of the money out of my account first and then accept the monthly payments. So, to me, that is not complying or should I say, working with me. Maybe I am using the wrong terminology. I know one thing. Could I please get some advice as to getting this freeze off and or at least make a payment arrangement with the courts that is affordable to me?? That's whats important to me right now!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Okay. I say that you guys take every word literally. However, I understand. When I say that they didn't comply, to me, that means that they didn't agree with me making payments monthly only. They wanted to take all of the money out of my account first and then accept the monthly payments. So, to me, that is not complying or should I say, working with me. Maybe I am using the wrong terminology. I know one thing. Could I please get some advice as to getting this freeze off and or at least make a payment arrangement with the courts that is affordable to me?? That's whats important to me right now!!
Good luck - you don't like what you're hearing but want more advice... :rolleyes:

TigerD

The problem here queen is that you are dealing with a legal matter. A single wrong word makes a world of difference. Nobody, at least I'm not, is trying to give you a hard time. The point of information and stilted language was a veiled joke for debt guy. Sorry if it confused you.

The point is that you cannot remove the freeze. You can file your exemptions with the court. The court will decide whether or not the money is exempt and then either order it given to the creditor or released. Either way, it is going to a several month long process in New York. Also, they usually freeze double the amount of the judgment in NY.

As for affordable to you -- not going to happen. You can spend a bit of money to hire a lawyer to make a case for a slow-pay if their is such an animal in your jurisdiction; but, as you said, you don't have any money right now. When it comes to judgment enforcement, nobody cares anymore about the debtor -- they want to get as much as possible as fast as possible.

Sorry to say, but the only card you had for making payments was the money in your checking account and that is now gone. You are going to have to ask them what they will give you and make it work.

DC

Queen Coco Brow

Zinger, if you don't have anything informative to say. please do not respond to my posts. You are really getting on my nerves. The last thing I need is for someone like you to ridicule me. You said your piece now be quiet!!!!!!

Debtcollector, your advice is priceless. Even though I am not too happy with it, I guess I do not have much of a choice huh. I heard that I can try to make arrangements via the court. Is this true? Would this help to take the freeze off?

Zigner

Zinger, if you don't have anything informative to say. please do not respond to my posts. You are really getting on my nerves. The last thing I need is for someone like you to ridicule me. You said your piece now be quiet!!!!!!
My posts are VERY informative ;)

Queen Coco Brow

Please Zinger!!???? I am asking you nicely. I am trying not to be profane and use vulgar language on this forum. Let me explain something to you. When someone is going through hard times, you do not mock them. You do not clown around with them. I am not in the mood for your sarcastic bull. Your comments are not informative but insulting. Please stop answering my posts. Thank you!!:(

Zigner

Please Zinger!!???? I am asking you nicely. I am trying not to be profane and use vulgar language on this forum. Let me explain something to you. When someone is going through hard times, you do not mock them. You do not clown around with them. I am not in the mood for your sarcastic bull. Your comments are not informative but insulting. Please stop answering my posts. Thank you!!:(
Ok, you have chosen to ignore the INFORMATION I gave you. You are now POST-JUDGMENT. You chose to ignore a lawsuit and you now have a judgment against you. You claim you weren't served (actually, you didn't know at first), yet you choose to not check the file to see how you were served. You think that the judgment creditor has some sort of legal obligation to "work with you". You are wrong.
One choice you don't have is who answers your post here.

tanja53

Why not, sounds like the OP's credit is already in the toilet. Can't get much worse can it? Oh wait... she'll have to pay the bankruptcy attorney, but she can't handle making payments so I guess we won't have to worry about that bankruptcy after all.

And to the OP.. having people extend credit to you goes far beyond a credit card (you probably didn't know that). Sprint extended you credit and you screwed them. You screwed someone else (at least 1 other time) because you can't remember if the papers you were being served were for Sprint or for something completely different. Uh yeah, us bill payers of America really feel sorry for you.

And Tanja: no, I had no idea the US had an unemployment problem. I've only been living here all my life. From your own threads you seem not to like the American justice system, you don't like the service methods the US uses, and now you don't like the unemployment rate. I think someone else suggested it in your own thread, but perhaps your native country has a 100% employment rate... you could always go back there.
No country in the world has a 100% employment rate.
You sound really naive if you don't know that USA has really high employment rate.
Denial it is what it is called.
Most justice systems are bad when it comes to people that run into hardship.

Queen Coco Brow

Zinger. The reason why I didn't check to see if I was served is because this all happened last week. I was trying to work out an agreement up until Friday when they told me the wonderful news and now that I have been online, I have learned alot of things. Anyway, why am I explaining anything to you? You are a lame and I hope that one day you can feel the pain that I am feeling. Then tell me what would be more important. Maybe you're rich. You need to come to a lower class community and do a survey. What is more important? Immediate bills or the debt collector. You need to live in a lower class community and get a job that you can barely afford the necessities. I know social workers, peace officers, secretaries etc, that is all in debt. They are primarily thinking about their basic essentials. If you are not from NY and pay high rents and then have to pay bills on top of that, shut up and keep it moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">