• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a freeze on my bank account and it is driving me crazy!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Coco Brow

You know what Zigner. I guess your intentions are good. You believe that I should pay the debt in good faith and just keep it moving. Right?? You have all of the answers. Just move out of New York and leave my family, my job and just go somewhere I can afford right? Just let them have all of my money and not say anything about it. I know I owe a debt. Not sure how much exactly because they keep giving me different amounts. But, it's a debt that I should pay and it really doesn't matter. My exempt funds should be just ignored and just let them take it even though they are fully aware of this and decided to take it anyway and make unreasonable and unaffordable payments. If you can't pay your rent and bills, get 2 more jobs so I can pay the debt collectors. You know, I thought of that. Maybe I should just let them have it just so they can release my account. However, I wasn't aware of what the law was and when I realized my rights, I decided hmmmm. If they are not going to act in good faith, why the hell should I? I know you have a smart ass comment just awaiting me. So come with it. :D:confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
YOU are the one who acted in bad faith to begin with.

In any case, if you took the time to look at your file, it would tell you how much the judgment is for. Of course, it will actually be a bit more due to interest and such.

But, you can't be bothered to look at the file... :rolleyes:

TigerD

I have avoided addressing your glaring dimness, tanja -- until now. Since you obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about - shut up.
Will my advice would be to contact the distric atty and file suite against the company who froze the persons account and go after them .
1. The district attorney is not going to represent the OP in her civil matter.

If they have no judgement against this OP then they can't freeze her accounts correct or is the court your in different from CA courts .
They have to have a judgment or pre-judgment order from the court to have funds seized. And the bank has no choice but to follow the order.

Either way you do not Know me so if you dont wish me to judge you dont even try to judge me or my wife just answer the questions asked correctly which you have not advising some is just that advising not your opion
I judge you based on your spelling, grammar and rhetorical capabilities as well as the quality of your advice. You rate rather low.

as for ZINGER get a life a bill collecter is the lowest form of scum any how you people will say or do anything to get your money lie cheat steal just like the dead beats you try to collect from .
I am a debt collector and I will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do. My honor and integrity are worth far more than your piddly little debt. I will not stand idly by while you invoke the title of reverend while furthering disgraceful conduct. However, I will give you something of incredible value, reverend -- a lesson in integrity:

Integrity is one of those words which many people keep in that desk drawer labeled "too hard." It’s not a topic for the dinner table or the ****tail party. You can’t buy or sell it. When supported with education, a person’s integrity can give him something to rely on when his perspective seems to blur when rules and principles seem to waver, and when he’s faced with hard choices of right or wrong.
Vice Admiral James Bond Stockdale, USN
According to Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, integrity is "an uncompromising adherence to a code of moral, artistic, or other values: utter sincerity, honesty, and candor: avoidance of deception, expediency, artificiality, or shallowness of any kind . . . the quality or state of being complete or undivided." The words "utter sincerity, honesty, and candor" imply that a person of integrity is truthful in all things, that he can be trusted, and that his word is his bond. Integrity is the very essence of one’s life. Major General Henry F. Meade stated that "integrity is the state of my whole life, the total quality of my character."
Major Margerum, Air University Review, 1983
People frequently are here looking for loopholes to escape the debt they created and owe. They look at SOL and try to find technical violations by the CA and are sometimes successful in those ends. Then those same people launch into diatribes about how the credit industry mistreats them with high interest and fees. What they never consider is their own obligation to pay the bill. Time doesn't negate their responsibility to pay. Outside factors don't change the underlying moral obligation.

There is a drastic difference between what is right and legal; but the bottom line for any "person of the cloth" should be the moral - you borrowed the money, you owe the money. A wise man once came off a mountain with a couple of rocks on which were inscribed priceless wisdom. Among those simple commandments is: Thou shalt not steal. There was no asterisk. No fine print that says: Unless you think you can get away with, or, Unless no on is watching.

Sometimes things happen and people can fall behind. But character, reverend, character is how you handle that. Character is what you do when no one is looking. Integrity defines one's character and guides you in every action. If you willingly seek to avoid your moral obligation on one thing, you damage your moral conviction on all things. Since you use the title "reverend" I am compelled to call you out as a brother. Ecclesiastes 7:5 says, “It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise than for a man to hear the song of fools.”

It is your responsibility, reverend, to confront evil when and where it resides.
You need not wait until somebody infringes upon you—until he comes and intrudes upon your premises. If you see your neighbour John turn his horse into the wheat-field of your neighbour William, you pass along. That, I may say, is the road that too many of the Elders of Israel travel in, as well as the great majority of the world. "Oh, it is not my wheat; it is William's: it is no matter of mine." When you know that John has turned his horse into William's wheat, or in any way disturbed his property, or berated his character, or done him an evil, will you wait until he commits an evil upon you? If you do, you are as sure to meet evil with evil as you are to breathe; you will meet wrong in a wrong spirit.
Journal of Discourses - Brigham Young

And for the record: Most debtors are not deadbeats but rather people that made poor decisions and are working to resolve them. It is the deadbeat that give the bulk of people in collections a bad name.

DC

Queen Coco Brow

I am going to court tomorrow. Again, I will keep you posted. If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose. However, I will try to see what I can do. I will even try to make agreements from the court if I have to and prove to them that I am in a hardship situation. Either way, justice will be prevailed whether it is for me or them. I will most certainly try!!

Even though I find your answers a bit heartless and harsh, I understand your angle. At that time, I was very irresponsible when I let the bill go out of wack. I guess it back fired. My situation now, is a different story that involves more people in my household than myself. Long story. Irresponsible on my part?? Ahh!! Partially. However, at this time, I just want this over with so I can move on with my life. That's all. The most valid thing you've said all day is that they have got my attention. I guess that is what it was intended to do. However, I will say that when people are going through hard times, it is not right to bash them at every chance you get. I came here for help. When debtcollector gave me his advice, it wasn't what I wanted to hear but I could dig it. It's how you say things that makes a world of difference. So, we will see tomorrow!!! Anything you would like to add??? Anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">