• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a very UNIQUE situation regarding my student loans from ITT Tech. Need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

linuxguy1010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

Warning: long post

Administrators please move my forum post or delete it if I posted it in the wrong section. Thank you.

Back in 2007 and 2008 I attended ITT Tech. I did not fully attend. I had some personal issues going in my life and could not fully attend.

Right now I keep getting collection calls from Navient. Formerly known as Sallie Mae. They say I owe $25,000 from ITT Tech. I went back to ITT Tech to confirm I owe that much money. To my pleasant surprise I don't. *Whew* The financial aid officer met with me in a private office and showed me the ledger. A lot of the funds was sent back to the lender. Which is now Navient. I recorded the whole conversation with the financial aid person from ITT Tech.
Navient is also telling me I am 158 past due. Which I am. I am not a rich man. I’m the only one working , wife stays home with my two sons. One of which needs medical care.
I told Navient that ITT Tech sent back a lot of the funds on May 2, 2016. They are still investigating. It has taken a long time! Navient keeps telling me it’s a VALID DEBT. I know it’s not. ITT Tech proves that.

I did call ITT Tech if they have more paperwork to prove that they sent back a lot of the funds back to Navient. She told me what she gave me the ledger is proof the funds were sent back. She can’t provide anymore paperwork if it goes deeper than that.
Navient tells me it’s three different loans. The grand total for the loans are $25,000. All private loans too.

The complaint department within Navient is currently investigating. The collection department within Navient is currently calling me everyday. Financial aid officer from ITT Tech tells me a lot of the funds were sent back to Navient.

I asked for the complaint departments direct phone number or email address. Navient keeps telling me they don’t have either.
I have also recorded every important phone call with Navient. By the way Navient collection department are very rude and condescending! The supervisor I talked to wanted me to get a loan, put it on a credit card. My wife is my co-signer. He asked me why Ashley wasn’t working and paying the loans as well? He asked me why I couldn’t be able to get a part-time job? Said there’s hundreds of jobs available in Salt Lake City, Utah. Told me he used to live there for 8 years! He wasn’t very professional! It annoyed me.

My theory is that ITT Tech did not send back those funds. My other theory is that Navient got disorganized and lost those funds.

Should I contact a student loan attorney? I am not sure if I have a case or not.

I really don’t know what to do at this point. I do know I will get a small loan to pay the $108 on one loan that is 139 days past due.

Thanks for reading.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">