• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help desperately!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wishpony

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OregonI am in desperate need of help. I just got a letter from a collection agency regarding numerous of my medical bills that I haven't been able to afford to pay. They are threatening to file a lawsuit and garnishment to my wages. I cannot afford the garnishment for what they want. I called them and told them all I could afford was $20/month at the moment because I haven't been working much due to my health conditions (diabetes, high blood pressure, neuropathy) as well as a fall at work when I blacked out and injured my left foot and leg. They told me that that wasn't acceptable and would not work with me. I have had other credit agencies work with me for payments of that nature for services and I just can't afford anymore payments. I have to pay close to $150/month for medications alone even with insurance (and I work for my insurance company). I need to know what I can do to fight this and get them to take what I can offer for this time period until I can get back on my feet and be able to pay these debts like I want to.:eek:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OregonI am in desperate need of help. I just got a letter from a collection agency regarding numerous of my medical bills that I haven't been able to afford to pay. They are threatening to file a lawsuit and garnishment to my wages. I cannot afford the garnishment for what they want. I called them and told them all I could afford was $20/month at the moment because I haven't been working much due to my health conditions (diabetes, high blood pressure, neuropathy) as well as a fall at work when I blacked out and injured my left foot and leg. They told me that that wasn't acceptable and would not work with me. I have had other credit agencies work with me for payments of that nature for services and I just can't afford anymore payments. I have to pay close to $150/month for medications alone even with insurance (and I work for my insurance company). I need to know what I can do to fight this and get them to take what I can offer for this time period until I can get back on my feet and be able to pay these debts like I want to.:eek:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You can't MAKE them take what you offer. If you cannot pay what they are asking, be ready to receive a summons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">