• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If a nursing home failed to bill or get paid by medicare am I still responsible to co

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Streaker26

Hello, my grandfather died four years ago and I am the executor of his estate. I received notice from a skilled nursing facility that he apparently received treatment there almost six years ago and the co-payment was never payed. The bill is several thousand dollars. However, upon calling my grandfathers insurance company to confirm the dates they have informed me that they never paid or even received a bill from the facility for the dates in question. Presumably, the facility made some mistake and apparently my understanding is that at this late date they cannot request payment anymore. Assuming they can show evidence that my grandfather did in fact stay there can they still request payment for the CO-PAYMENT on a bill they never submitted or were paid for by Medicare? Thanks.

LdiJ

Hello, my grandfather died four years ago and I am the executor of his estate. I received notice from a skilled nursing facility that he apparently received treatment there almost six years ago and the co-payment was never payed. The bill is several thousand dollars. However, upon calling my grandfathers insurance company to confirm the dates they have informed me that they never paid or even received a bill from the facility for the dates in question. Presumably, the facility made some mistake and apparently my understanding is that at this late date they cannot request payment anymore. Assuming they can show evidence that my grandfather did in fact stay there can they still request payment for the CO-PAYMENT on a bill they never submitted or were paid for by Medicare? Thanks.
You deleted the line that said what state this was in, so nobody can give you a precise answer. However, I think its likely that they are past the statute of limitation deadline for something like that. I certainly doubt that the insurance company would pay out on something that was six years old.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">