• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IL Tollway Fines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kristal09

Illinois - In 2006 I had some iPass issues. I had gotten a new car and apparently forget to change the make of the car, so it was showing my new car was a Chevy tC when in fact it was a Scion tC. Chevy was my old make. That caused some violations. I called had that taken care of, and then apparently my credit card was expired, this is what they told me when I talked to them recently, as I don't really remember exactly the issue from 9 years ago. They said that the account was negative. I stopped traveling the highway around then when I left my job, so I didn't pay much attention to my account to be honest and never received anything about my negative balance. I do remember when I did log into my account after some time I saw it was, I want to say, a few dollars negative so I reloaded it with $40.00. It was some time after all of this in which I received a collection notice for $11k. I called immediately, and said it was for my toll violations that I had on my account. I said I would gladly pay for those tolls (about $60.00 or so). They said they could only give me a $550 settlement. This happened in 2008. They said to further dispute it I would need to go to the tollway authority. I remember that horrible visit to the tollway authority, in which I had to explain everything to the cheerful, wonderful people there and filled out some forms to have my case submitted. Well, I never heard anything and was wrong not to follow up directly with them. I do remember I logged into my account and saw they deducted money for those tolls. I thought everything was taken care of since my transponder in which I just filled was negative again from them taking money for past due tolls, and I filled it yet again. Recently my transponder had gone bad and I had to get a new one. There was a toll that I missed, I called as soon as I got the violation, paid it, it was taken care of. A month later got 1 more, called right away, and now they are saying that all of these violations from 2008 need to be taken care of. I'm shocked as I had no idea this was even still a thing. They said they needed to suspend my transponder and the least they will take for a settlement is $550. They said the last notice they sent me was back in November of 2008. I have no idea if the last notice was before or after I went to the tollway office as we're talking 7 years ago and I can barely remember what I did last year. The supervisor I spoke to on the phone was asking me questions that I honestly don't know because this all happened SO long ago and I don't remember. I really would hate to have to pay over $500 for something that I should be paying $60 for and if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure they already took that from my iPass back in 2008 when I thought this was taken care of. Should I just pay the settlement? Is there any statue of limitation? Why would they suspend my iPass after 7 years and not when this originally happened? The manager confirmed they have not sent me any kind of correspondence since 2008 regarding this situation. Is there anything at all I can do to fight this? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">