• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

information subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaydia

What is the name of your state?new york.early this year in january,a creditor issued a judgement against me.i didnt have the money to pay them at the time and still dont.just recently they sent me an information subpoena.is this legal?do i have to fill this out and send it back to them notorized?if i dont ,what can they do to me?they already have the judgement,can they press criminal charges?the judgement is origionally from a credit card.please help me.i plan on paying this debt, i just dont have it now.

seniorjudge

Q: is this legal?

A: Yes, they are trying to find out about your assets. If you do not co-operate, you may be held in contempt of court and thrown in jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">