• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

International Debt Collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akrobey29

I have a loan in Dubai. I was handed over to debt collectors in South Africa for payment. Amount owing at the time was R66 000. I have paid intotal an amount of 15216.45 AED. I have asked for a statement each month but been ignored. I notified the collectors that payment was stopped by me until I can be provided with what has been paid to the bank, and still owing. I received an letter stating that I now owe 47000 AED which is equivalent to R180 000. I asked for my agreement that I signed and was total there was none. I was only given a handover letter saying pay R66 000. But know where does it state it has incurred interest. Surely if you are handed over to debt collectors for R66 000.00 it can not be trippled? Not sure on the law on this? Please assist

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">