• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement defaulted against me, but I'm the wrong person.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TigerD

Unless OP signed an agreement to be represented by the companies lawyer as a named employee, he is not her lawyer and has not committed malpractice.
Not necessarily. When the attorney provided legal advice, he exposed himself to malpractice claims.

I called the company's bankruptcy attorney and was told not to worry about it, don't show up to court, they would take care of it.
TD

bdf279

Just to throw in an update to this to anyone curious, my attorney managed to get us our day in court. Very exciting news. Now we just have to make sure our defense is on point...which SHOULD be simple.

quincy

Just to throw in an update to this to anyone curious, my attorney managed to get us our day in court. Very exciting news. Now we just have to make sure our defense is on point...which SHOULD be simple.
It is too bad that you have had to spend your time, effort and money to vacate a judgment on a lawsuit that should never have been filed against you in the first place, but it is good that you have an attorney working for you who seems to know what s/he is doing.

Good luck in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">