• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement issued... fees over 51% of total judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mebaby333

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Good morning. My husband and I went through a hard time and ended up with a judgement from HOA fees for a house we have not owned in 3 years. The original judgement was in the amount of $3526. They began garnishing my pay in January and the garnishment read for $4622 so the first additional charges of $1096 were added to the judgement and then I was laid off and so I contacted the company to make payment arrangements. After attempting to make arrangements they have sent a new agreement over to me claiming I owe them even more saying that while I am making payments I am accruing attorney fees. They have added an additional $714 in charges. This means the original debt of $3526 has been increased a total of $1810 that's 51% of the original judgement amount. Is this legal? this is just since the garnishment in January was began.

Also this home was forclosed on about 3 years ago. Are we responsible for the back HOA dues? I thought these were satisfied when the property sold.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">