• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgement- writ of execution for medical bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beckypascal

What is the name of your state? WV

Please help. I just received a writ of execution for all household contents for a medical bill of 10,000 from 3 years ago when I had my son. I was covered by insurance at the time. The insurance states that the wrong insurance was billed. I gave the law office representing the hospital the correct insurance info and was told it was still denied. This was last year. I now find out a judgement was placed against me in September and now I have been served this writ of execution. What can they take? What are my options? I don't have the means to hire a lawyer at this time. I have been off work since Feb. with pregnancy complications. and I now hve a six week old baby. My husband works but we are bearly keeping up with our current bills. I am desperate. I am considering bankruptcy if that would help.
I would appreciate any advice.

Becky

Chien

Becky – assuming you’re qualified for bankruptcy and choose to go that route, WV gives you the option of choosing state or federal exemptions. Rather than list them, why not review them here yourself:
http://www.bcsalliance.com/debt1_westvirginia.html

If that’s your choice, I suggest that you talk to Legal Aid for assistance and to ensure it’s the right choice. If the writ of execution has been served, I’d suggest that you make contact promptly for assistance with that first.

Although perhaps less equipped to help with your immediate needs, members of the National Association of Consumer Advocates are often able to provide direction to local resources:
http://www.naca.net

Now, until that happens, why was coverage denied? Do you personally know it was denied or were you simply told by the law firm? Did you discuss it with the insurer? What happened last year?

You “find out a judgment was placed in September”. Were you served? Did you know an action was filed? If so, what did you do? If not, why not, if you know?

Try to slow down and calm down enough to explain what has been happening. If there is any advice to give, a better understanding will make it easier to determine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">