• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bandittheman

What is the name of your state? MN If a person files bankruptcy chapter 7 then gets it can a person that holds a judgment against this person thats filed chapter 7 hold the judgment? even though the judgment creditor can't inforce the judgment can it still be renewable

bandittheman

lets say i have a judgment on a person and they file bankruptcy can i still hold this judgment again this person? after the bankruptcy went through even if i can't collect it can i still renew it after the 10 years?

Chien

(You must have a very strong aversion to punctuation and cognizable syntax.)

If you're listed in the BK and the petitioner is discharged, your judgment is gone - no enforcement and no renewal

If you're not listed as a creditor and the petitioner is discharged, you're unaffected (unless the petitoner successfully moves to re-open the proceeding and add you.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">