• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

King Quad Stolen and Wrecked...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

templardude1

I have have a 2007 Suzuki King Quad admittedly stolen and wrecked by the son mr xxx of my dads employee. He is gainfully employed by Chrysler and he owns Xxx of R,Indiana. My father has begged me for years not get law enforcement involved, saying, "I'll pay for the repairs, do it as a favor to me. Still, here it sits, unrepaired, a pile of broken parts. I have tried to be patient, as Mr. Xxx laughs and thumbs his nose at me, making no attempt whatsover, to do the right thing. What are my options?

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

WAY too much personal identifying information in your post. It has been reported for moderator editing.

Edit to add: Your post was edited. Please do not include in future posts any real names or places. This is for your protection as well as for the protection of those about whom you post. Thanks.

If your father has "begged you for years" not to risk his employment by going after his employer's son and you agreed, and if your father said he would take care of all repairs to your King Quad if you did not involve his employer, why hasn't your father lived up to his word? It seems to me that you need to confront your father to get the repairs made.

Last edited:

adjusterjack

I have have a 2007 Suzuki King Quad admittedly stolen and wrecked by the son mr xxx of my dads employee. He is gainfully employed by Chrysler and he owns Xxx of R,Indiana. My father has begged me for years not get law enforcement involved, saying, "I'll pay for the repairs, do it as a favor to me. Still, here it sits, unrepaired, a pile of broken parts. I have tried to be patient, as Mr. Xxx laughs and thumbs his nose at me, making no attempt whatsover, to do the right thing. What are my options?
For years?

Exactly when did this theft and wreck happen? Provide the exact date.

justalayman

Since you didn't report it stolen or press the issue long ago the criminal courts will have no interest in it now.

The time limit to sue for property damage in Indiana is 2 years. Since your dad has been saying whatever for years, it would appear you have no recourse against the thief. You might have a claim against your father, maybe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">