• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawsuit filed in January.. how do I respond?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skywalker23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I am being harassed by several companies b/c my debt is being sold over and over again. There is one company that seems to have one or two of my accounts and is going through with lawsuits. I've received mail (non-certified) from them in the past saying they were going to sue, but didn't give a date.

I just happened to be online looking up public information on myself and noticed there was a judgement against me from this company, Cash LLC (?). The judgement was in "U" status, whatever that means [it was on the site]. Since I was never summoned or anything, how can this possibly be fair? How can I fight a case if I wasn't summoned for court, told I had a court date, or generally have a clue. I know they say ignorance is no excuse, but this doesn't sound right.

One of the documents said something along the lines of me having 30-90 days to respond before the judgement was finalized, but it's past that... I never would have known about it if I wasn't looking up something else on the public database.

Is there anything I can do!? Thanks in advance!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">