• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Levy on bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

solaceangel30

What is the name of your state? CO

I was trying to work out payment options on a past due credit. I completed the form sent to me and nothing. This was 4 mos ago. Today (9/1/06) I tried to use my debit card and couldn't. I pulled up my account and it showed my paycheck was put in but I had a neg balance. I called wells fargo and they told me I had a levy place on my account. I wasn't sure what that was so I had to look it up. I never even got served with any papers about my account being levied. Is this legal? I'm worried because I live paycheck to paycheck. I attend school and work fulltime. I just wrote a check for my rent and my monthly medications. Now these will bounce and I have never bounced a check. I have no money for food, other meds I need, gas to get to work or my utilities. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME???????? What is the name of your state? Colorado

K'Ta

solaceangel30 said:
What is the name of your state? CO

I was trying to work out payment options on a past due credit. I completed the form sent to me and nothing.
Did you ever pick up a phone and call them when you heard nothing after sending in 'the form'? What was the form for?

I believe (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) that in order to place a levy against your bank account they had to first get a judgment which means the paperwork, including how and when you were served, will be on file at the clerk's office. Get your hands on that paperwork and find out when and how the court says you were served.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">