• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien Holder Responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

v12oom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

In an event where the registered owner of the vehicle is unable to pay the towing and storage fees which leads to the towing company selling off the vehicle to partially recouperate the cost, is the lien holder of the vehicle responsible for the remaining balance of the fees? If so, what are exceptions that will protect the lien holder from such liabibilities? Thanks.

v12oom

Please explain. What do you mean "lien is senior"? How would I know if it is senior or not? And if it is senior, then I'm responsible for the charges?

Antigone*

Please explain. What do you mean "lien is senior"? How would I know if it is senior or not? And if it is senior, then I'm responsible for the charges?
The car cannot be sold by the towing company. The towing company would contact the lienholder and they may decide to pay the towing fees and repossess the vehicle, or they may release the lien.

Senior, means in first position.

v12oom

If lien holder release the lien, is the lien holder responsible to pay the difference if the selling price of the car does not cover the towing and storage fees?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">