• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LLC - How to recoup my pending invoice payment from another consulting firm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pegassist

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I run an LLC company providing Technology and Computer Consultants to clients. In 2006 my company signed master agreement with another consulting company. They hired our contractors and used to pay our invoices. In 2009, they did not pay one of our invoices. We kept exchanging emails back and forth and they kept giving lame excuses but no payment came through. Our contract says - Any dispute arising out of this agreement not being resolved amicably between both the parties can only be resolved through laws of Arbitration of the NJ Chamber of Commerce, Trenton, New Jersey. What are my legal options to recoup my pending invoice payment of 2009?

quincy

I run an LLC company providing Technology and Computer Consultants to clients. In 2006 my company signed master agreement with another consulting company. They hired our contractors and used to pay our invoices. In 2009, they did not pay one of our invoices. We kept exchanging emails back and forth and they kept giving lame excuses but no payment came through. Our contract says - Any dispute arising out of this agreement not being resolved amicably between both the parties can only be resolved through laws of Arbitration of the NJ Chamber of Commerce, Trenton, New Jersey. What are my legal options to recoup my pending invoice payment of 2009?
Why have you waited six+ years to look at legal options?

LdiJ

It looks like the statute of limitations in NJ is 6 years, so you are likely sol at this point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">