• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdiagnosed Car Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeanne#1

What is the name of your state? Florida

Had my auto A/C diagnosed & fixed. The next day I still had the same problem. Took the car back, they thought I had another blockage, or evaporator problem & would have to take out the dash board. First diagnoses was replacement of expansion valve & drier, cost $564.00. Told me not to bring my car back until they called me. I took the car to the dealership for a second opinion. Diagnosis was evaporator because it had a "big, bad leak". The dealership said the first place apparently had not checked out the system throughly enough or they would have found the evaporator was bad in the first place & they really socked it to me for pricing. I put the charged in dispute with my credit card company & tried to talk with the first place. They would not discuss it. I reported their yelling at me to their Customer Service Dept. The credit card company tried to resolve it with us, but that didn't work either. Now I am being summoned. I let the second company fix the car because the first company didn't call me back. I contacted them after 2 days had passed without hearing from them.
Question: Should I have to pay for something that they didn't fix?

Last edited:

Ladynred

Have you contacted the state agency that governs auto repair shops ?? If not, then you need to do so, file a complaint and get them involved.

Did you swear an avidavit of facts for the CC company?
That is required (by my CC) before they can reverse charges.
Did the CC reverse the charges?

Are you a AAA member?
Reason: they can go to bat for you in a BIG way if the shop is AAA approved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">