• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mortgage "servicing" company / phone calls and such

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gynadia

What is the name of your state? PA

My wife and I have a mortgage that is handled by a servicing company:

Our payments are due on the 1st of every month, but our mortgage documents clearly state that a late penalty is *not* assested until the 16th of every month.

Because of the way my wife and I are paid on a every-other-week basis, we are not able to pay our mortgage until the 2nd thursday of each month.

Problem is, that on the 5th of every month the servicing company begins to call and call and call and call. 3-4 times daily, sometimes more. For the first couple of months we tried explaining to them our situation and reminded them, since they hadn't already noticed, that our payment is there every single 2nd Friday of every single month (which btw is within the time *before the penalty).

Two months ago the problem got worse. You see, my grandparents offered to pay our mortgage in December of last year as a "gift" and my parents did the same the month before. **This servicing company has taking my 1> grandparents 2> parents information, done their research on it, AND NOW HAS BEGAN TO CALL THEM ON A DAILY BASIS, starting the 5th of every month.

How do I get them to stop calling my parents and grandparents?

**We have *never* *once* been late for a single payment, not *once.*

Your due date is the first. You pay on the second Thursday. That's at least the 8th. You're late. There is no such thing as a grace period. They are merely telling you when they will assess the late fee. If you paid on the 2nd, they have the right to assess a late fee on the 16th. If you paid on the 17th, they have the right to assess a late fee on the 16th. Your due date is your due date. They might be nice and assume that uncle sam and the U.S. post office drag their feet with your payment each month, but they aren't obligated to give you an extra 2 weeks to pay your bill.

As for calling other people, call them up and request that they refrain from calling anyone who is not a signer on the account. Barring that, have your parents and grandparents tell them they have no interest in the account and to stop calling them.

skidmarks

What is the name of your state? PA

My wife and I have a mortgage that is handled by a servicing company:

Our payments are due on the 1st of every month, but our mortgage documents clearly state that a late penalty is *not* assested until the 16th of every month.

Because of the way my wife and I are paid on a every-other-week basis, we are not able to pay our mortgage until the 2nd thursday of each month.

Problem is, that on the 5th of every month the servicing company begins to call and call and call and call. 3-4 times daily, sometimes more. For the first couple of months we tried explaining to them our situation and reminded them, since they hadn't already noticed, that our payment is there every single 2nd Friday of every single month (which btw is within the time *before the penalty).

Two months ago the problem got worse. You see, my grandparents offered to pay our mortgage in December of last year as a "gift" and my parents did the same the month before. **This servicing company has taking my 1> grandparents 2> parents information, done their research on it, AND NOW HAS BEGAN TO CALL THEM ON A DAILY BASIS, starting the 5th of every month.

How do I get them to stop calling my parents and grandparents?

**We have *never* *once* been late for a single payment, not *once.*
Can you PM me with name of the mortgage servicing outfit?

Your parents & grandparents shoulda given you the money instead of making direct pymnts

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">