• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Dismiss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cemlaw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

If I have raised an affirmative defense in my answer to a lawsuit (in this case SOL) can I go ahead and file a Motion to Dismiss on that cause now?

I have served them with my Answer, Interrogatories, Request for Admissions, and Request for Production of Documents and they have filed requests for time extensions on all of these. I don't want to drag this out for a year, but I suppose they don't mind.
So again, would it be proper to file a Motion now? And if not now, after they have finally complied with Discovery? If they fail to answer any of my discovery, do I have to file a Motion to Compel before any Motions for Dismissal or Summary Judgment?
Thanks! ... been a long time since I did any of this!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">