• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice on Repo man coming to the wrong house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

0parker

I live in NY and last week around 11pm when my house was dark (we were in bed) someone started pounding on my door. I am a single mom w/2 young girls so I was pretty scared, as nobody that I know would be pounding on my door. I called 911 and the entire time this person was pounding harder and harder, I could see a truck at the end of my driveway. The trooper came and said they were there to repo my car, MY car has been paid off for 2 years. I have owned this home for over 4 years, the person they were looking for lived at that address prior to that. I am just wondering if it's worth contacting a lawyer, I feel that someone needs to be held accountable for showing up at the wrong address in the 'middle' of the night and scaring the crap out of me. If someone had been doing their job, very easily they would have found out that I (totally different name) had owned this house for over 4 years...and NO mail had been delivered for that other person in this time. Any advice would be appreciated!

JETX

0parker said:
I am just wondering if it's worth contacting a lawyer
For what??? Sorry, their making a mistake without any damages to you is not 'winning the legal lotto'!!
But go ahead and call a couple of local attorney's and present them with your 'case'!!!

I feel that someone needs to be held accountable for showing up at the wrong address in the 'middle' of the night and scaring the crap out of me.
Clean the crap up and go back to bed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">