• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No response from creditor re validation letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fgs

What is the name of your state? AL
I sent a debt validation letter to a supposed creditor of my deceased spouse a couple of months ago. I did not get a response to the letter. What is the next action that I can expect on their part? Do they usually go the courts next to attempt to sue family members? There was no estate or probate. Thanks in advance for any response.

TigerD

Why would they validate a debt to you that isn't yours?

Why would you request validation on a debt that isn't yours?

DC

fgs

The letter was sent because they called my phone continuously and sent mail addressed to deceased spouse and also the "estate" demanding payment. They know spouse is deceased. When they started addressing mail to me personally I requested validation, hoping they would realize that my name was not associated with any of their accounts. I would just like to have an idea of what to expect next. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">