• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no response to validation letter, 30 days are up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D2nawoman

What is the name of your state? Florida,

I was on a month or so ago, and was given the advice to send in a letter of validation,,, which I did. It is past the thirty days I gave them to provide me with the information I requested. They have not yet responded. At the end of the letter requesting validation, it said, if they do not respond in thirty days of receiving this letter that they need to erase my file, or something to that effect, and send me written proof immediately. Well now that it is past,, is there another letter I can send to request that action? and what would that be called? How should I word it?

curious as to next step.

cmorris

Did you send it certified mail return receipt? Even if you did, there is no legal time limit to respond.

Send another letter, stating this is your second attempt at debt validation. Send it CMRR.

When you get the green card back, dispute with the credit bureaus as "not mine," again CMRR. This puts them on a 30 day timeline. They cannot verify the tradeline without providing validation first. IF they don't verify the tradeline with the bureaus, it is deleted. IF they verify before providing you validation, then they have violated federal law.

I personally like simple DV's. Include your name, address and account number. Tell them this is your 2nd request at DV as per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Mention to only contact you by mail, as phone calls are inconvenient.

You can also find sample letter at creditboards.com.

D2nawoman

I should do this even if the first letter clearly stated everything I needed proof of, and validation and the letter told them clearly they had thirty days to send this all to me, or they have to delete and send me written proof of this?....

So I would have to give them another 30 days?

I guess I am not understanding why if they were not willing to send me validation after three times of asking for it... only one of the three times was written,, when I finally understood how things work...

Yes I did send it certified and I did receive the green cards back.. all is in my file.

I may be not understanding what you are saying, I apologize for this, but I just want to make sure I do things right.

thank you,
D2

cmorris

D2nawoman said:
I should do this even if the first letter clearly stated everything I needed proof of, and validation and the letter told them clearly they had thirty days to send this all to me, or they have to delete and send me written proof of this?....

**They don't have to delete. They never have to even validate by law.

So I would have to give them another 30 days?

**Send in another DV, certified mail return receipt. A time limit means nothing. When you get the green card back, send a dispute to the credit bureaus. They operate on 30 days, so yes, give them 30 more days (+ 5 for mailing time). They can't verify the tradeline before providing validation. So it will either be deleted or you will get validation. Anything else is a violation.

I guess I am not understanding why if they were not willing to send me validation after three times of asking for it... only one of the three times was written,, when I finally understood how things work...

**Verbal demands mean nothing--no proof.

Yes I did send it certified and I did receive the green cards back.. all is in my file.

I may be not understanding what you are saying, I apologize for this, but I just want to make sure I do things right.

thank you,
D2
The CA never has to provide validation. Your demand to delete means nothing. But by also disputing with the credit bureaus, they will have to validate if they want to keep reporting.

I hope this makes sense.

Check out creditboards.com and search on the 1-2 punch.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">