• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

notice of levy under writ of execution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimjazjoe

What is the name of your state--california

I received a notice of levy under writ of exectuion & it has washington mutual as the garnishee but I no longer have an account with them. Does that mean thats the only account the will go after or will they go after my current bank.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state--california

I received a notice of levy under writ of exectuion & it has washington mutual as the garnishee but I no longer have an account with them. Does that mean thats the only account the will go after or will they go after my current bank.
You dodged a bullet on that one.;)

If I were you, I would contact the judgement creditor and see what type of payment arrangements you can negotiate. It would really be a hardship if you log into your online banking one day after your paycheck has been deposited and it is all gone due to another levy.

take care, ana

kimjazjoe

But where it does say garnishee Washington Mutual does that mean thats where there trying to collect the money from?

kimjazjoe

Do you have any advice on what I can do now? See I tried working out payment arrangements with these people but they were asking for like 5-7 hundred dollar payments. I told the guy I'm a single parent with two kids I need something smaller. So I asked him if I could send 100dollars a month & he said no. So I had this one letter from them with their address on it & I just started sending them money pretty much every month. During the beginning of the year my father became seriously ill due to lung cancer & later passed away. So i skipped a few months. I had just sent a payment in Jun & then I got this notice. So far I have paid off 700 dollars. The bill at first was like 2800 now its like 4100.

kimjazjoe

Does anyone know the sol for california? See I bought this car in 2001 & had an accident. The insurance didn't pay off the whole balance of the car which left about 2800. Long story short I couldn't pay that at the time. So I had moved around a few times & I think in 2003 or 2004 is when they contacted me to try to make payment arrangements that were outrageous. I didn't hear from them in awhile & then in 2006 they called my job I then tried to make payment arrangements but they wanted a payment of at least 700. I received a letter at my mother in laws house saying this was a final demand & they were gonna take me to court. So I just started sending payments in 2006 I have sent them 700 dollars so far. I want to pay off this bill so I can get these people off my back the rest of my credit is fine I pay what I owe every month its this bill thats following me around for years I just want to settle it with something fair that I can send every month. Does anyone have any advice.

Antigone*

Does anyone know the sol for california? See I bought this car in 2001 & had an accident. The insurance didn't pay off the whole balance of the car which left about 2800. Long story short I couldn't pay that at the time. So I had moved around a few times & I think in 2003 or 2004 is when they contacted me to try to make payment arrangements that were outrageous. I didn't hear from them in awhile & then in 2006 they called my job I then tried to make payment arrangements but they wanted a payment of at least 700. I received a letter at my mother in laws house saying this was a final demand & they were gonna take me to court. So I just started sending payments in 2006 I have sent them 700 dollars so far. I want to pay off this bill so I can get these people off my back the rest of my credit is fine I pay what I owe every month its this bill thats following me around for years I just want to settle it with something fair that I can send every month. Does anyone have any advice.
:confused::confused: I'm totally confused now. Are we talking about the same debt or something else. If we're talking about the same debt then you are SOL because there is no SOL - they have a judgement against you. :confused::confused:

kimjazjoe

I just wanted to know what the sol is for california just to know. I called the court clerk & gave her my case # & yeah they came up with nothing at washington mutal because I closed my account years ago. I'm gonna try contacting these people again about some kind of reasonable arrangement & in the meantime I'm gonna try sending a higher monthly payment & when tax time comes around & I get a refund I'm gonna try paying these people off to get them off my back. Thanks guys for your input I appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">