• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open Account vs. Written

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

danny4188

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?KY

I have two credit cards that are beyond the SOL. These two cards were charged off in 2/98, but I did work with a debt counseling service from 3/97 til 9/97. My question is this: Did the contract I signed with the debt counseling service change this to a written contract or is it still considered an open contract? After I quit paying the debt counseling service the OC charged them off. SOL in Ky on open is 5 years and 15 on written. Thanks for the help.

JETX

danny4188 said:
Did the contract I signed with the debt counseling service change this to a written contract or is it still considered an open contract?
Your agreement with the 'debt counselor' has no affect on the debts directly with a separate creditor. As such, the debts would remain 'open accounts'.

After I quit paying the debt counseling service the OC charged them off. SOL in Ky on open is 5 years and 15 on written.
If the debts were charged off 2/98, then they would have expired in 03.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">