• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owed 150,000.00 none payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

streicher

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

In 2004 a women took 166,000.00 from my mother, she worked for a lawyer and took it from an estate account. The lawyer made her pay it back and she wrote out checks which of course bounced, our DA at the time was as corrupt as they come and only went after her for bad checks. She was found guilty and ordered to pay the money back and give 7 years probation, she went to work for the lawyer who took her case against us and proceeded to steal over 100,000.00 from him.

She did not see any jail time and in fact was allowed to pay said lawyer back 1/3 of what she stole and he dropped the case. She often didn't make the payments to us and her probation ended this past year and even though she's a year behind on payments the judge refuses to do anything to her. She was even allowed to leave Pennsylvania and move to Texas and now the judge/court house is using the excuse that she's out of state and not picking up her mail as to why they will not do anything.

She paid back about 10,000.00 and now the court house feels that is more than enough and will no longer pursue her.

is there any recourse we have since we are about to become homeless due to this situation so we sure can't afford a lawyer. She's living nice in Texas in a new home and she never even had to explain what she did with the money (she could have it stashed in a bank account somewhere). The case was done wrong from the beginning and now we are paying the ultimate price, stress from the financial situation took my brothers life and my mother recently passed regretting that the women never paid.

Is there anything that can be done to her or the corrupt court house that is allowing her to get away with this crime.

OHRoadwarrior

Mom can go to court and obtain judgment for the balance, get it transferred to TX, then try and collect it. It should be noted that TX is such a debtor friendly state even companies have serious problems trying to collect debts against individuals. Therefore, before attempting this entire procedure, it would be worth talking to a lawyer in TX to see if the woman is likely collectible, before starting this. I am sure she has likely covered herself well, putting any cash left into a trust, which she used to buy her home and cars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">