• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pink slip on my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nitestryder2169

I live in Visalia, CAlifornia. I recently fianced a '89 Honda Prelude. All the bells an whistles. Anyway. I have payed $1500.00 in payments and about a month ago received the title for it in the mail. There is no lien holder on the title, just me. This means I own the car, Correct? Does that mean I still need to pay the fiance company backl. I did someone screw up and i got lucky? Any advise would be helpful. thanks.

Y

YourKillingMe

Out of curiosity....if the op decided not to pay, could the car be repossessed? Or since the op now has a clear title, would the finance company have to take another route to collect the money owed (lawsuit, collection agency)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">