• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received notice of judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TunaBeck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

I received a notice that a judgement has been entered against me. Within the body of the notice it says that I had been served with notice of the filing and had failed to appear, therefore, judgment was entered against me. I did not receive any notice. What can I do now?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

I received a notice that a judgement has been entered against me. Within the body of the notice it says that I had been served with notice of the filing and had failed to appear, therefore, judgment was entered against me. I did not receive any notice. What can I do now?
Your first step should be to go to the court and obtain a copy of the file, Including the proof of service.

TunaBeck

Thanks so much. So I checked at the courthouse and there doesn't seem to be any notice of service in the file. (I couldn't have imagined forgetting that I got one!) So now what should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">