• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received a notice of Trial/Hearing, what should I expect at this hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gyno

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CALIFORNIA

I received a summons in May, answered it and now recently I received a Notice of Trial/Hearing letter..

It says that a Trial setting conference has been set for 12/28 at 8:30am..

I have a few questions..

1. Should I even go to this conference?
2. What is the purpose of this conference and what should I expect?
3. What do I need to bring?

Also will the other Plantiff (MANN BRACKEN) be there? I've never been to court before, at least for myself.. I have no idea what to expect here..

Can someone help me, PLEASE!!!

racer72

1. This is a trial, not a conference. It's up to you if you want to go. Do you have a defense?
2. The creditor is going to prove you owe some money and they want the court to grant them permission to take further action to collect this debt.
3. Prove you don't owe the debt.

Last edited:

Dillon

here's some questions to ask the bank's agent under oath?

Did credit card company sustain a true LOSS in this matter?

If so, WHAT did they LOAN and WHERE did they get it? Money or Credit

Did they lose anything that they already had before they gave the guy a "loan"?

Did they lose any of their depositors' "money"?

Here’s a letter to send to debt collector. Modify to your particular circumstance. It brings up a set of questions that goes around their usual dunning/complaint LSS computer generated crapola. They also use this crapola to provide 'Prima Facie' evidence, to stick you with the "burden shift" they need to move right to summary judgment.

Debt Attorney LLC

Re: Your "client" in interest to Predatory Lender Bank

File No:0000000000

I received your letter dated July 32, 20000029, regarding above "account"
Enclosed, please find material for the immediate attention of your or your banks legal and finance departments.
This is constructive notice that I am disputing the validity of this alleged debt, and its originating contract for reasons and causes including but not limited to constructive fraud, fraud on the contract, and fraudulent conveyance.
This alleged debt will stand invalid and herby disputed, until the following questions and demand for documentation are satisfactorily addressed by you:
1. Is this bank regularly examined by employees of Thrift Supervision?
2. Does this bank follow the monetary expansion rules laid out in the Federal publication 'Modern Money Mechanics'?
3. Does this bank employ the 'transaction concept' of money, as revealed in the Federal manual named above?
4. Did this bank accept some form of 'promissory note' and exchange it for a bank 'liability' to open this particular alleged account?
5. Did the bank raise an 'asset' in the same account when it was opened?
6. Did the bank use my alleged signature on the note to raise this 'asset'?
7. Is it the bank's policy to return or refund this 'asset' to me?
8. Where in the contract was I informed of this use of my alleged signature?
9. Please produce certified copies of the initial balance sheets for the alleged account in question.
10. Please produce what the bank considers to be the entire promissory note.
11. Please produce what the bank considers the entire alleged agreement.
You are now informed that if this bank should decide to litigate against me, I will counterclaim for causes including but not limited to constructive fraud, fraud on the contract, and fraudulent conveyance.
You are now also informed that I allege that the cost and risk in the note was misrepresented and has shifted, as revealed by the money trail.
I will seek more discovery. Please prepare your(or your client's) chief auditor to address the above interrogatories. Also Thrift Supervision will have to be subpoenaed as they won't come if I just invite them; they will be deposed as experts. Thrift Supervision has grudgingly confirmed the above in other cases and I do not expect they appreciate that role being thrust on them.
You are now informed that, having properly challenged and disputed the validity of the alleged 'debt', I require answers to the above as is due. Failure to answer is prima facie evidence(use it on them for a change) of this banks intent to dodge the issue, and possibly continue fraudulent collection, or post information that would damage me.
My position is clear: this banks unconscionable contract of adhesion is void, ab initio, for causes of action including, but no limited to, fraud on the contract. It will be construed against them as a standard of review. Failure to discharge the alleged account will be considered continuing acts of fraud, which are actionable. I will demand the return of alleged original asset; the bank can't have it both ways, using the initial note as instrument and funds.
Our differences are ones of fact, and only a jury may decide them. I don't believe a jury is going to like what they will discover the bank actually does to them.
If I do not receive a proper response from you within 30 days, I will assume this matter to be closed. reporting this alleged account as anything but 'discharged', or any further collection effort without satisfying the above will be considered an act of harassment an will be responded to according to the FDCPA Laws
This and all records regarding this case are made and kept as evidence for a jury.
Notice to agent is notice to the principal.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Yours,
Name here

(+)
Also send a Certificate of Service

Or do this

I usually just fire the 3rd party, I usually do not hear from them again.

(Mark in red)
Attention: Third party intervener, I do not give you permission to enter the contract, You are hereby immediately Fired !

(Mark in Green)
by; Jack-Rabbit: Dated

Made a copy of it for my records and sent the remittance back to them.

Last edited:

racer72

Please ignore the above post, it is obvious the poster has no clue. He is a forum troll who's posts are not based on legal fact.

Dillon

Please ignore the above post, it is obvious the post is not based on legal facts.

Last edited:

Dillon

if any posts i have made are incorrect, correct me on a point for point response. be specific in you response

A deceiver deals in generals.
Fraud lies hid in general expressions.

jsmith416

if any posts i have made are incorrect, correct me on a point for point response. be specific in you response
The bank will ignore your diatribe, and then they will sue, win, and collect. They are not required by any law to respond to a rambling manifesto on why the debt is not valid. This is the first and last time I will ever respond to one of your posts since you are a blatantly obvious troll. In fact you are going on my ignore list right now.

Dillon

The bank will ignore your diatribe, and then they will sue, win, and collect. They are not required by any law to respond to a rambling manifesto on why the debt is not valid.
the courts will not ignore it

the bank will not win or collect

the bank will respond in discovery (court ordered compelled discovery)

Last edited:

Proserpina

the courts will not ignore it

the bank will not win or collect

the bank will respond in discovery (court ordered compelled discovery)
Dillon, seriously - you have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

OP, please do some further research, perhaps into the posting history of those who have responded. It will become obvious very quickly which posters are credible and which is the troll.

gyno

This is a trial???

Does anyone know what kind of answers I will be asked tomorrow???

I have no idea how to tackle this or how to answer the questions the judge or attorneys will ask me..

Proserpina

This is a trial???

Does anyone know what kind of answers I will be asked tomorrow???

I have no idea how to tackle this or how to answer the questions the judge or attorneys will ask me..
Can you prove that you don't owe the debt?

And please, don't do what Dillon is advising - you will NOT be happy with the result and you may find yourself in a much deeper hole.

Proserpina

More info:

They are repping Discover Bank and the debt is mine, they canceled the CC on me after checking my credit, and using it more than usual and after having the card for years..
Card was last used in 10/2006..

They are suing for $3,300, which is almost twice the amount of the credit limit.

(This is OP's post from another site).

gyno

To those interested, here is what happened....I still don't understand completely what happened maybe someone can enlighten me..

I arrived there on time and was waiting outside the courtroom with about 30-40 other people half of them were lawyers.. There was a sheet in front of the door with all the days cases, I looked at the paper and saw my case on there. So anyway they open the door and we all signed in with the clerk and lawyers were calling out names and taking people outside for settlement discussions, no one ever approached me or called my name.. .

So soon after the judge came in and the first few cases were conference calls with lawyers of Banks/Insurance Co's, they were on the phone and all the calls were very brief, lasting probably about 15 secs each. Then he started calling names and was hearing cases, now we get to the part I wasn't expecting and still do not understand, after about 4 cases some guy I will label him "this guy" came forward I think he was some kind of lawyer anyway he was answering questions and giving the judge brief updates on many, many different cases. At first I thought he was the lawyer for Citibank, cause the first 5 cases Citibank was the plantiff but then he was discussing cases that had other plantiffs, after about 25 mentioned cases, my case and name came up (Me vs Discover Bank) and "this guy simply said dismissal without prejudice. I didn't know what happened, so I went up to the clerk and he said my case was dismissed and for me to go home, there was nothing left for me to do..

So after hearing me out, what happened?? Who was "this guy" how come he was in charge of telling the judge about a ton of cases???

Well anyway I didn't have to be there obviously but it was good to hear the immediate decision on today's proceedings.

I know that dismissal w/o prejudice means I'm not out of the woods yet, but what happened today was a success, right?

Proserpina

Well, no..not really. There's a small chance they'll stop at this point but it's not likely.

But sit tight - you'll be notified of what to do next (if anything). Until you receive something, there's really not an awful lot you can do about it, since you do admit to owning the debt.

gyno

who was the guy that was answering questions about all the cases? the guy who said "Dismissed w/o predjuice"

Have any idea, guy is answering questions about everyones case??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">