• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Remove a paid/satisfied judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmcleod36

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California. The judgement has been paid as of 6/02. It is also listed as a paid/ charged off debt. Is there any way to fix this. I have been passed over a couple jobs because of this.

Last edited:

Tayla

1: Contact the plaintiff who was awarded the judgement. They will need to file with the court a satisfaction of judgement. Showing proof that amounts were paid as agreed.
2: Once documents are finalized thru the courts, dispute with the CRA's.
3: courts do not verify, validate or even report judgements to CRA's .

Tayla said:
1: Contact the plaintiff who was awarded the judgement. They will need to file with the court a satisfaction of judgement. Showing proof that amounts were paid as agreed.
2: Once documents are finalized thru the courts, dispute with the CRA's.
3: courts do not verify, validate or even report judgements to CRA's .

Wasn't the time to make sure this was changed BEFORE the debts were satisfied? i.e. get the OD/CA to agree to changing status to "debt satisfied" before paying off...

mmcleod36

satisfied judgement

State: California. Yes the debt was valid. The debt has been satisfied and the OC has filed the paperwork with the court stating that it has been satisfied. So, if I'm disputing with the CRA what are the grounds because the CRA has replied stating that only the OC can change the listing. What else should I do?

Tayla

mmcleod36 said:
State: California. Yes the debt was valid. The debt has been satisfied and the OC has filed the paperwork with the court stating that it has been satisfied. So, if I'm disputing with the CRA what are the grounds because the CRA has replied stating that only the OC can change the listing. What else should I do?
1: Submit to CRA the satisfaction of judgement thus clearing the account of all debt being reported.
or
2: Dispute since the courts dont verify or validate. If the CRA's state that this was previously investigated ask them for a procedural request. I repeat: COURTS DO NOT VERIFY ,VALIDATE OR REPORT to the CRA's.

OC's are NOT the only ones that report to a CRA. That information is incorrect . Think about it.

Tayla

i'llBEback said:
Wasn't the time to make sure this was changed BEFORE the debts were satisfied? i.e. get the OD/CA to agree to changing status to "debt satisfied" before paying off...
Gosh you make a great point! Unfortunately you didnt read that it ALREADY MADE ITS WAY THRU THE COURT SYSTEM AND WAS DEEMED A JUDGEMENT!
How about reading the original posters case and details before putting the cart before the horse.

thank you :confused: I KNOW IT'S TOO LATE NOW.

Q: in court, I was under the impression that one could possibly make NEW arrangements to pay-off a debt? upon which point one could have an agreement on how this will be shown on CR once it's settled.

Is this the case?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">