• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sallie mae

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Naska47

I'm in Fl and I was wondering what legal action I could take. I have a loan with Sallie Mae that I made a sizable payment for this month. About a week or so after that payment they charged my credit card again for another payment without my permission and without contacting me. The amount was just under $120 but that is money that I need. As far as I know that's theft and maybe CC fraud, but I wanted to ask the community here.

Antigone*

I'm in Fl and I was wondering what legal action I could take. I have a loan with Sallie Mae that I made a sizable payment for this month. About a week or so after that payment they charged my credit card again for another payment without my permission and without contacting me. The amount was just under $120 but that is money that I need. As far as I know that's theft and maybe CC fraud, but I wanted to ask the community here.
Dispute the charge with your credit card company, and don't make a mountain out of a mole hill:rolleyes:

cosine

Close the CC account and get a different one. Make payments on the loan by check, money order, or cashier's check. Be sure they are on time with plenty of time to spare (2 weeks before due date).

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">