• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Santander Consumer USA -- ugg

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Renees05

What is the name of your state, Ohio

I bought my Jeep brand new in 2005. I financed through CitiFinancial Auto and all was good. I was late alot, but my payments were always paid and mostly within 30 days. About a year ago, I started getting my payment statement from Santander Consumer USA. I didn't know this company, and never received any information as to why they were taking over my loan. Fast forward to July 2011. Loan maturity day! Amen, right? WRONG. 5 days ago I got a phone call from Santander saying that I have a 2800. dollar balance due. They were going to send me "Re-Modification" loan papers (I didn't request these), and it took 3 days for it to get to my email. I have asked them to send me a break down of what those charges are for and they refuse. They say I can look up information on their website, but since I no longer have a loan with them, I can't get on their website! Every time I talk to them, I can a different amount owed and different explanation of the charges. they explained that I paid .87 for every day late. To come up with that 2800. number, I would have had to have been late 8 years. Long story short, I have until tomorrow to sign and fax that Re-Modification paper back to them, but i don't feel I should. I am also afraid that if I don't, my Jeep will be repossessed and resold! I have contacted the Ohio Attorney General, but they are a little slow at getting back to me, I need help...NOW! Any information you could give me, would be greatly appreciated. If you get bored, google "Santander complaints" and you will see thousands of complaints like mine! Thanks in advance!

Antigone*

What is the name of your state, Ohio

I bought my Jeep brand new in 2005. I financed through CitiFinancial Auto and all was good. I was late alot, but my payments were always paid and mostly within 30 days. About a year ago, I started getting my payment statement from Santander Consumer USA. I didn't know this company, and never received any information as to why they were taking over my loan. Fast forward to July 2011. Loan maturity day! Amen, right? WRONG. 5 days ago I got a phone call from Santander saying that I have a 2800. dollar balance due. They were going to send me "Re-Modification" loan papers (I didn't request these), and it took 3 days for it to get to my email. I have asked them to send me a break down of what those charges are for and they refuse. They say I can look up information on their website, but since I no longer have a loan with them, I can't get on their website! Every time I talk to them, I can a different amount owed and different explanation of the charges. they explained that I paid .87 for every day late. To come up with that 2800. number, I would have had to have been late 8 years. Long story short, I have until tomorrow to sign and fax that Re-Modification paper back to them, but i don't feel I should. I am also afraid that if I don't, my Jeep will be repossessed and resold! I have contacted the Ohio Attorney General, but they are a little slow at getting back to me, I need help...NOW! Any information you could give me, would be greatly appreciated. If you get bored, google "Santander complaints" and you will see thousands of complaints like mine! Thanks in advance!
No need to Google.

I guess if you want the title to your vehicle, you'll make good on all the late fees you owe.

OHRoadwarrior

They threatened to repo a friends car once. She finally asked them when they wanted to come pick it up. For some reason, they changed their tune.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">