• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seizure/bank account and Pell $ from 95' cc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bourbongirl

What is the name of your state? (Alabama) Someone please help us! We have two small children and need your advice! My family moved here from Missouri...my husband and I just found out that our joint checking acct. has been frozen due to a credit card that HE had in 1995. They took the $62 we had to our name + a Pell grant check for $1,606 that was for our rent, food,utilities and school supplies! Is this legal? Are federal monies exempt from levy? They never telephoned us, dropped us a post card or anything...shouldn't they be required to notify us by sheriff or certified mail at least re: any legal action they plan to take? What about SOL? What about SERVICE OF PROCESS? Thank you for any advice you can give us.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">