• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sieze Bank Account/Garnish Wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shakin

MISSOURI - One of the collectors I am suffering with - NCO - has threatened to sieze my checking account and garnish my wages unless I agree to their payment terms, which are unrealistic. My question is - can they sieze my account "suddenly"? - Specifically, what steps, exactly, do they have to take before grabbing my account - is the threat all the warning I will get? I'm paranoid to use my account, and have been trying to deal strictly with cashing my check and doing money orders to pay bills - not financially efficient. I'm stressed beyond belief. I have made several attempts to try to reach an agreement with this company, and one other, Alliance, but the payments they demand are a)One settlement payment (Alli-3,000/NCO-5,000) or b)Monthly payments (Alli-500/NCO-850). I can't afford either. Can't file bankruptcy - did a ch 7 4 years ago, and currently am self-employed with no provable disposable income. Aside from all of this mess, I'm scared to death of making any agreement with NCO after learning so much about their history. Please - I am mainly concerned with whether or not I can use my checking account, or if I should just ditch it. Any advise will be very appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">