• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold a car, and he refuses to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rstephens1015

I sold a car to somebody and in the bill of sale it says that would pay me in payments. It's been some time now and still no payment. When I ask for money or the car back they don't answer. The only time they have talked to me since the sale is when they ask for the payment. I won't give it to them until I get money. How can I get money or my car back of they keep avoiding me?

single317dad

You sue them in a court of law for the money, and probably accept the return of the vehicle in lieu of money they don't have. The proper venue and procedure will be dependent on your state, and maybe the value of the vehicle. Your success in this endeavor will rely heavily on the evidence you produce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">