• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statue of limitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boobster64

What is the name of your state? nj is the a statue of limitation for charge offs to be collected i recieved a phone call say i owe money from about 10 years ago the store is gone

racer72

What is the name of your state? nj is the a statue of limitation for charge offs to be collected i recieved a phone call say i owe money from about 10 years ago the store is gone
What is the debt from? A bank card, store card, a bounced check?

racer72

The statute (note 3 "T's") is 6 years for open accounts, that is likely what this debt is. Send the people attempting to collect the debt a "cease and desist" letter,CRRR, deny owing the debt and point out that the debt has exceeded the statute of limitations. It is likely a junk debt collector coming after you, this will scare them off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">