• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of Limitations for Auto Loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bosco

My ex wife turned the car over and I was never notified by them that the car was going to auction. I did not have a chance to bring up the payments in order to be able to try and keep the car.
If they didn't send any of the required notices, then they don't have a claim. If they sent them to your ex wife, they can probably still pursue her though.

BudLt

In all the years I've been on this board, I've never had someone "giggle". It won't be too long before this nimrod is banned.

And it's "their money" not "there money".
:eek:Oops… you are absolutely right! I apologize for my senseless grammar mistake you felt the need to highlight; I also screwed up the following misspelled words: chichen (CHICKEN), and also statue (STATUTE). How foolish of me! (I guess no sleep for 2-days actually waswearing on me!)
However, I would like to emphasize and draw attention to your superb spelling of the word puncutation (PUNCTUATION). Round of applause to you!
:D

BudLt

In all the years I've been on this board, I've never had someone "giggle". It won't be too long before this nimrod is banned.

And it's "their money" not "there money".
:eek:Oops… you are absolutely right! I apologize for my senseless grammar mistake you felt the need to highlight; I also screwed up the following misspelled words: chichen (CHICKEN), and also statue (STATUTE). How foolish of me! (I guess no sleep for 2-days actually waswearing on me!)
However, I would like to emphasize and draw attention to your superb spelling of the word puncutation (PUNCTUATION). Round of applause to you!
:D
…you have NEVER heard someone giggle? (common now…)

BudLt

What an idiotic thing to say. The debt collectors have every right to seek payment from the OP.
Oh, well thank you for your obvious information :rolleyes: along with your personal stupid :p opinion. Maybe when you are out one day, you should look into purchasing a sense of humor… :D

Country Living

However, I would like to emphasize and draw attention to your superb spelling of the word puncutation (PUNCTUATION). Round of applause to you!:D
You failed to notice that statement was a quote from Dolly in my sig line. Run along - recess is about to start.

Whats the next step

Sent DV letter which was received on August 27. I have not heard anything from them and today is the 30th day. The only thing that I have received was a letter from the OC stating their legal right to give out my information (name, address, contact info, etc) to anyone who asks for it. Since I have not heard anything and mail does not run today I was just wondering what my next step would be.
Also noticed something this week. I purchase an item in which I could view all 3 accounts (Experian, Equifax, and TU) on-line and noticed that Experian and equifax lists GMAC for this collection, but TU lists ALLY Financial. Viewed it again 3 days later and it showed this collection listed GMAC for Experian and TU, but ALLY for Equifax. Not really sure who owns this darn thing anymore

Bosco

Did you dispute the tradelines with the credit bureaus? You also might run a CarFax on the car if you still have the VIN number.

Dispute with Credit bureaus

Did you dispute the tradelines with the credit bureaus? You also might run a CarFax on the car if you still have the VIN number.
I disputed with equifax and they are doing investigation.. they said it would take about 30 days. It has only been a week. Do not have a vin number and ex says she does not have the account for the vehicle or any information for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">