• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop calling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kvagts

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Kansas

We have fallen 3 weeks behind in our bills and are trying really hard to snowball but our mortgage co. will not stop call our Home & Work and are now calling family members asking if we are there? How can we get them to work with us .

Please HELP

Debt Guy

Your mortgage company is probably not the original creditor -- so they are not subject to the federal law which governs collection agencies.

I suggest you write a letter saying something like "you may not contact me at my work number since my employer does not allow personal calls. If you continue to contact me at my work number, you are putting my job in danger and exposing your company to significant legal risk. You may contact me at the following number (insert home phone number) and at no other number. Since you have a good contact number, you explicitly may not contact any other person, including relatives, friends or neighbors for contact information.

Send the letter certified mail return receipt requested.

Maybe it will help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">