• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stopping auto bank payments from dentist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faye01

I live in phoenix, AZ and to keep this as simply as possible I will start by saying I had recently signed up for auto bank drafts to be taken out by my dentist which were extremely high and I have been trying to work out somekind of compromise with them and had asked if they could lower the payments slightly for me as I had originally had $3000 financed but had cut it down to $1400 as will put off some dental work till next year, anyway no agreement could be reached will not work with me at all, I would like to know if I stop the payments from my bank but STILL CONTINUE TO MAKE PAYMENTS each month but on a lower payment can they still turn me over to collections?
let me also add I do have dental insurance and they have already received about $5000 in payments from myself and my insurance I AM NOT LATE OR HAVE EVER BEEN BEHIND WITH THEM I just cannot afford almost $300 month payments as my circumstances has changed. any advice would be greatly appreciated
thank you

justalayman

They can, but as long as he continues to pay something towards the debt collections cannot take him to court (or at least they are no supposed to do so).
Actually that isn't true. Op has a contract and failing to meet the terms of the contract is a valid basis to sue. Now if the payments are of a reasonable amount (not trying the old "if I make a $1 payment you can't sue claim") it would be kind of foolish for the dentist to take any actions as that could actually result in the dentist not receiving any payments for some period of time as many people would stop all payments of sued.

Op may find they do not have the ability to stop the monthly withdrawals. I have known people that have had to close bank accounts to be able to get auto withdrawals stopped. It is not as simple as you telling your bank to stopping the withdrawals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">