• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued for cc debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gerokyle

What is the best way to not pay a dime to a firm who is suing me for a cc debt? I already know about answering the summons, then what? They sued me before but didn't show up so it was dismissed. Now they've sued again. The judge wouldn't dismiss first time with prejudice.

Proserpina

What is the best way to not pay a dime to a firm who is suing me for a cc debt? I already know about answering the summons, then what? They sued me before but didn't show up so it was dismissed. Now they've sued again. The judge wouldn't dismiss first time with prejudice.
Do you actually have a valid defense?

adjusterjack

What is the best way to not pay a dime to a firm who is suing me for a cc debt?
Qualify for and file Chapter 7 bankruptcy and the debt goes away.

Otherwise, you'll just have to go through the court process and raise any defenses that you might have.

Are you being sued in small claims court or in regular civil court?

How much are you being sued for?

What is the default date alleged in the lawsuit and the initial filing date of the lawsuit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">