• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Debt / Repossession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TX Debt

I recently received notice of a lawsuit. My husband lost his job and we were no longer able to keep his vehicle so we voluntarily surrendered it to the bank. I had a buyer for the vehicle (for less than was owed) and asked if payment could be arranged for the remaining balance, but my request was denied and I was told my best option was to surrender the vehicle. Now I am being sued. I do not have the money, that is why I had to surrender the vehicle. We have one income (less than $1,500 a month) and currently share a borrowed vehicle. I can not afford legal representation and do not know what to do. The papers say to "answer" the claim, but I do not know how to begin to do this. Thank you, Debt in Texas

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">